The Xine Basket Bag was designed based on a basket that Cheryl Kuczek's friend had. The button flap allows you to pick a sassy lining to contrast next to the exterior of the bag. My favorite thing to do is to use different sized buttons in the same color. Use thread to have contrasting topstitching, for that little extra detail.
Fabric suggestions run the gamut. Decorator fabrics and bark cloth are fabulous choices, as are colorful cottons. Duponi (raw) silk is perfect for the lining.
- Material Requirements:
- 1 yd of fabric for exterior of bag
- 2/3 yd of fabric for lining
- 2/3 yd of 988 Pellon Fleece
- 1 1/3 yd of Muslin
- 1/4 yd of Fast 2 Fuse hard interfacing
- 1 yd of 1 1/2" to 2" ribbon for trim (wired ribbon okay, wire can be removed)
- 1/4 yd of Iron-On Vinyl
- Ten Buttons, 1/2" to 3/4" in size
- One set of pre-purchased rounded purse handles, 6" to 8"
- Two Spools of thread to match or contrast